Friday 25 January 2013

Introduction (Sorry,that's the best I can think of!)

Hello and welcome to my new blog.I've said in the main introduction that I have finally decided to write this.I'm not sure how well I'll stick to it but I'm looking forward to getting started and giving it a try.

Lots of people have asked me to show them how I pick out clothes and how I match them with other things so here you go!Like I said,it's pretty much trial and error and I don't have a big budget so I always buy things on the cheap.I'm unemployed so I tend to save up for particular things or just buy everything in the sales.I've also been known to pick up men's cardigans and shirts in small sizes in shops like Topman and H&M which are almost identical to the women's version but cheaper!That's tip number 1!

Another motivation for me doing this is that I would love to see girls (and guys for that matter!) be more confident in themselves and what they wear.I think often our clothes say a lot about our personality and the way we are feeling and there's no better feeling that walking around wearing something you feel really confident in.I'm a size 14 myself(Sometimes 12 if I'm lucky!),that's slightly larger than average for anyone that doesn't know.Everyone has days when they're not happy with their figure but generally speaking I'm happy in my skin.I work out a couple of times a week and eat healthily and have gone through phases of losing lots of weight but if I'm honest I don't really look right any other way.I promise that's not a cop out,I really don't suit thin!

I think society is constantly telling us to look one way,you all know that!For me that has never been a huge problem,mainly because I'm too stubborn to conform but I have been subject to bullies and people taking me down because of my size.I don't want to use this as a way to express that,that's old news!I want to use this to help people in some way (not sure if it will or not but we'll see!)

I'll try do a couple of posts about guys clothes too (any volunteers?!) that'll be in a while though!

Hope you enjoy! Any comments very much welcome! :)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Nomi,

    You are just so so incredible! Wow! I absolutely love that you made a blog to help people feel better about themselves - this is so so sweet and wonderful! You are so so beautiful and I want you to know this! Your eyes are absolutely incredible and your hair just so sweet and cute, and you are so beautiful! <3 Please never listen to anyone who says otherwise, and please continue being your wonderful, loving, incredible, self, who just blesses and builds up others so so much, which I absolutely love! I can barely look at your blogs without being moved so much and just filled with so so much love for you! <3 I love you so so much my beautiful! You are my supermodel and please never forget that! You are so so wonderful! <3

    I love you so so so much, my wonderful sweetie,
    Elliekins <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete